[vc_single_image image=”1123″ image_size=”full” frame=”borderframe” lightbox=”yes” link_target=”_self” width=”1/3″ el_position=”first”] [vc_column_text pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”yes” width=”2/3″ el_position=”last”]
I love to read aloud, and to host events!
Over the years, I have hosted events for arts festivals including Luminato and the Eden Mills Writers Festival, lectured for the Toronto Public Library and delivered the keynote address for the Canadian Pop Culture Association. I am also an experienced moderator for panels and celebrity Q&As. As a performance poet, I have been a featured reader at a variety of literary series and festivals, and toured North America. I have recently begun performing as a stand-up comic.
To enquire about having me at your event, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Semi-finalist in the Toronto Comedy Brawl, an amateur stand up competition.
- Hosted Q&A with Bif Naked for her new biography at the Toronto Reference library as part of their “Words and Wax” series.
- Moderated panel discussion on Women in the Film Industry for the launch of Bechtel Tested series at the Revue Theatre
- Hosted second annual World Goth Night at the Movies, Royal Cinema
- Stand Up Comedy Debut! Toronto Lindy Hop Cabaret
- “A Soundtrack of Violence,” a panel on art and misogyny at NXNE Festival
- World Goth Night at the Movies, Royal Cinema
- Scary Stories Read Aloud, a panel at FanExpo
- Authors for Indies, Bakka Books
- Blue Coffee Reading Series 2nd anniversary
- “The Origins and Evolution of Goth” lecture for the Toronto Public Library, Gladstone branch
- Hosted World Goth Night at the Movies, Royal Cinema
- Hosted Taste and Transmission, a night of books and music, Eden Mills Writers Festival, Guelph, ON
- Poetry readings at ChiSeries and the Bauhaus Poetry Remix Project
- Launch of my second book, How to Kill a Vampire in Toronto, London, ON and Los Angeles.
- Luminato festival’s Literary Picnic in Trinity-Bellwoods park
- Fan Expo convention, hosted the panel Everything You Wanted to Know about Vampires, where I was asked if they could catch the zombie virus. Moderated Q&As with stars of True Blood and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a panel on Women in Horror.
- Hosted Vampire Trivia night at the Morrissey House, London ON
- Book signing at Dark Delicacies in Burbank.
- Signed books for some old, old friends in a mall near my hometown, in Midland ON.
- Lost a Sea, an evening of magical things. Read poems from my manuscript in-progress, Requiem Birds, with hula hoop accompaniment.
- Keynote address, “What is Goth?”, Canadian Popular Culture Association convention, Niagara Falls ON.
- Spoken word performance at the Ottawa Goth Syndicate‘s Red Death Masquerade Ball.
- Poetry and heavy metal! There was a lot of Death at the Wrecking Ball.
- Book signing at Halloween Bash at Chapters, Guelph ON
- Encyclopedia Gothica launches and events in Toronto, London, ON, my hometown library in Penetanguishene, ON.
- Moderated panel with Mistress of the Dark Elvira at Fan Expo
- Reading at UnHallowed Hearts, a night of Dark Literary Arts, Kingston ON.
- Read poetry aloud at the prestigious and popular ChiSeries and the wonderful Dead Souls gathering of art/music/words.
- Read from/about the late Louise Labé at the Art Bar series’ annual Dead Poet’s Society
- Weapons poetry prayer candles exhibited at the Small Press Book Fair.
- Host, “Gothic Toronto: Writing the City Macabre” featuring Anne-Marie McDonald and Andrew Pyper, Luminato Arts Festival
- Moderator, Linda Hamilton Q&A at Fan Expo.
- Innocent readings at Fascination Street and The Press Club.
- Not so innocent unveiling of Weapons at Scary, Monster, Beautiful, Gallery 1313
- On Tenterhooks reading and book launch with Burning Effigy Press.
- Playing keyboards in my first rock ‘n’ roll show with The Does.
- Chaos in the guise of a reading called The End of the Internet.
- Hosted launch party for Nuit Blanche: Poems for Late Nights, an anthology I edited.
- Ghostly reading in a Cloud Garden for the Tungsten Arts and Letters Society.
- A wonderful year for curating reading events: Wanderlust: Exotic Tales in Strange Lands at the Gladstone with Russell Smith, Sarah Slean, others then 6/6/6/ Readings for the Apocalypse at the Cameron with Brian Keene, Gemma Files, others.
- Read as part of The Scream’s Trailer Poetry series at the Bloor.
- Spoken word tours across North America with the Perpetual Motion Roadshow. The best times.